Wednesday, December 3, 2014

The Phone Call

Today was the day. The day we were going to call Brooklyn Pizza. We were going to interview them on the ingredients. Mrs. Roberts had already approved our script so we were ready. Today I was going to call them and talk to them. then the next time Zoeya would do the same.
 Zoeya read out the number while I pressed them into the phone. I picked up the phone and it started ringing.
"Ring-Ring-Ring!" The phone sounded. 
My fingers started to wiggle. This always happens to me when I'm nervous. 
"Hello! This is Brooklyn Pizza, how may I help you?" The man on the other side of the phone said.
"Hello, we are the Food Detectives from Birmingham Covington School, we are doing a class project on Healthy Food May we speak to the manager? " I answered.
"You are speaking to him." Replied the manager.
"We are doing a project about healthy eating and healthy food and we were hoping to do some research in the local community. We were  wondering if we could possibly come and interview somebody at your restaurant about your menu and the choices you make about ingredients." I said.
"Sure, that sounds fine." He told us.
"What is your least busy time? We want to come when there shouldn't be a big crowd." I asked.
"Hmm, I'd say around 3:00-4:00." he said.
"Okay, what's a good date for you?" I asked.
"Most Fridays will work great." he answered.
"Okay, We'll check with our teachers and parents and get back to you as soon as possible." I politely announced.
"Thank you!" He replied.
This is the phone call we made today! 



No comments:

Post a Comment