Sunday, December 14, 2014

Taking the jump: 1

i stared off into the horizon. i listened to the wind sounds under my feet. i had to do this, or i would be stuck here forever. i just couldn't get myself to stay. i live in the village of Arelenis, the 3rd clearing in the Okearbe, the land of trees
. i couldn't stay. i would be tortured and, in a year or so, killed by Mr and Mrs Arnen, my watchers. they think i'm just a waste. useless. unwanted. worthless. so im going. i am leaving. nobody has left in 700 years, but I'll do it anyway. I've packed some clothes, a few cans of food, my water bottle, and boogo bear, my only memory from my real parents.
I have exactly no idea what to do, where to go, or how to get there, but i'll find out. i'll go somewhere safe. hey, maybe i'll find my real parents. i'll go to the clearing they ran away to. or, i'll find someone who cares about me. or maybe, i'll find both. either way, i'll be happy, at least happier then I am right now.
so, i just jumped, and i loved it. it felt odd and different and happy and wonderful and scary, all at one moment. it feels like i just one the raffle for life, where i win everything i will ever need. but then it also felt like i just jumped to my death. it felt so odd.



Based off Jinx by Saige Blackwood

















































































































































































































































No comments:

Post a Comment