Friday, October 24, 2014

Small Moment: the time when I choked on a rockwall

I started climbing. I was going to reach the top. I started going at top speed. I didn't think I'd make it to the top. I knew I'd make it. I put my foot on a bright red rock and pushed off. Then I grabbed onto a blue rock. I pulled myself up. I reached high up to a beautiful pink and white rock. You see, I was climbing a 25 foot rock-wall and I have a very, very bad fear of heights. My mom was cheering for me at the bottom. I pushed. I pulled. I grabbed and kicked. I was so close to the top. I knew I was going to ring that bright red bell. I pulled up to the tip-tip top. I reached up and grabbed that bell and rang it. I pushed off the wall to get down. But then I spun in a circle.then the back of my helmet got stuck on a rock. I screamed and kicked,but no one noticed. Then finally my mom saw my face turn purple. One of the workers got up on the wall and pulled me down. I was so grateful for her! I now know not to push off the rock wall as hard. 

2 comments: