Sunday, November 30, 2014

The Nutcracker

Tonight, I saw the Nutcracker ballet. As I've probably said before, I am a dancer. A competitive dancer. so seeing this was so cool. It was so amazing! I could follow the story through movement, not words.  Plus, all the dancers were amazing, Especially the sugar plum fairies (which happen to be my favorite). Since I am not on pointe yet, it was really cool to watch a different kind of ballet since I still do ballet. I got to see leaps and jumps and turns and flips,All while people will balancing on their tip-tip toes. I loved seeing all the little kids dance, because they were spot on (and funny!). I liked how the kids ran around the stage and jumped up and down. I also thought the special effects were cool, like the smoke and the lights. I think that this is one of the most amazing ballets ever. So the next time you ever happen to be at the Detroit Opera House, I recommend seeing the Nutcracker.  

No comments:

Post a Comment